If you want to attract new clients to your company website, you will need to embrace the art of SEO. Forget about trying to convince clients to come to you with expensive advertising techniques and strategies – with SEO and a higher Google ranking, your potential clients will come looking FOR you! But how does one SEO? And what is SEO exactly?
SEO, also known as search engine optimisation, is an online marketing technique that does not cost a thing. If done correctly, and if properly maintained, SEO can generate more new business for your company than any other advertising strategy out there! However, learning how to SEO is not a piece of cake. There is a reason why it has been deemed an art! It requires plenty of skill, patience and knowledge – as well as the ability to dedicate plenty of time to perfecting it. SEO is always changing, and so keeping up to date with it all should be a TOP priority. If you would rather hire a company to assist you in this department, Ipcoweb is the company to contact!
So, how do you improve your Google ranking? How exactly does Google rank my website? Google has a very sophisticated algorithm that they use in order to rank websites. The basis for this algorithm is that of written content on your website. Content takes into account your page heading, page descriptions, headings and keywords. Here is a brief overview of how it all works:
- First of all, the potential client will type in a few search keywords, such as ‘safety pool nets’, and will press ‘enter’.
- These keywords will then be filtered through Google and the various websites containing those keywords will be calculated.
- Once all of the relevant websites have been collected, Google will filter through the websites in order to find the websites that are the most applicable. This is where SEO techniques come in.
- The most SEO friendly websites containing the search keywords will then be presented to the potential client in order of relevancy.
- The potential client will more than likely choose one of the websites represented on the first page of the search results. Therefore, the higher your Google ranking, the higher your chance is of being selected.
The Google Algorithm takes the following into account when determining the ranking of keywords:
- Relevancy of your written content: this refers to how many times you have used the relevant keywords in your content.
- The number of links from and to your website: more links demonstrate to Google that your website is a trusted and well respected website.
- Originality of content: content that is rich in keywords (although not TOO rich), as well as informative, is the content that will take preference according to Google ranking standards. Also, the more content you have on your website, the better.